Why Cigar Humidor needed?
- 1 Why Cigar Humidor needed?
- 2 How to select best cigar humidor?
- 3 Top Cigar Humidors in 2020- Personal Pick
- 3.1 #1 Mantello Large Glass-Top Cigar Humidor Humidifier Box
- 3.2 #2 La Cubana Cherry Wooden Cigar Humidor
- 3.3 #3 La Madera Cubana Leather Travel Cigar Humidor
- 3.4 #4 Mantello Royale Glass-Top Cigar Humidor
- 3.5 #5 Versailles 100 Cigar Glass Top Humidor
- 3.6 #6 Prestige Import Group Humidor
- 3.7 #7 Old Glory Cigar Humidor
- 3.8 #8 Glass Top Handcrafted Cedar Humidor
As we know cigar is needed to be kept in a specific humidity level to maintain the climate where the tobacco has been grown. And humidor is used to control the climate for storing the cigar.
For maintaining the good health of the cigar, it should be kept for the below climate range:
- Humidity: 68-74%
- Maximum temperature: 20°C- 23°C
Although the above are the ranges for the temperature conditions but it’s good to keep the humidity level at 70% and 21°C temperature.
With a good humidor, you can keep the cigar for the longer period. If you’re not using the humidor then usually a cigar will last around 1-2 weeks. And so, it is necessary to have a good humidor. You can check the below best cigar humidor to get one for you.
But if you don’t have good budget, then you can make your own humidor as well. In the coming guides, we will also share how to make humidor.
Note: Make sure you are not storing cigar in the refrigerator
If you are not using humidor, it can impact the cigar in many ways. Some of the worse impact can be on the following-
- Cigar will burn too fast
- Lightining will be difficult
- Taste may be bitter
- Cigar might come out while smoking
How to select best cigar humidor?
Although there are a lot of factors which help you decide which humidor to buy, but the most important factor is the style. Selecting best cigar humidor heavily depend on which style you’re looking for. Usually, all the humidors will be in the form of a box with the feature to keep cigar at the required temperature conditions.
Humidor comes in different shapes and size and can hold a good quantity of cigars. You can keep few to hundreds of cigars in a single humidor. Also, the selection of humidor depends on which weather condition you reside. For example, if you’re in hot & humid climate, then wineador will be more effective.
If you’re a beginner and just starting with the cigar then tabletop humidor will be suitable to you. Usually, tabletop humidor is inexpensive and you can easily afford it. This tabletop humidor can be also effective if you’re not sure if you’re continuing with the cigar or not. This way you won’t have to pay much.
Almost all the best cigar humidor is made of Spanish cedar and the wood. For humidor, the type of wood is the key as all the wood is not suitable and may not maintain the humidity level required. Here are the top 4 cigar humidors you can choose from-
Top Cigar Humidors in 2020- Personal Pick
Now as you know, why humidor is so required for the cigar, let’s start and look for some of the best humidor in the world. We have picked all these best humidors for cigar based on our personal experiences. If you have used any better humidor, feel free to let us know in the comment section.
#1 Mantello Large Glass-Top Cigar Humidor Humidifier Box
Mantello is one of the leading brands of cigar and cigar related products. They manufacture some of the best cigar humidor at very affordable pricing. Here are some of the top reasons why one should buy Mantello large glass top cigar humidor-
- Can hold up to 100 cigars
- Spanish Cedar Lining, Tempered Glass Top, Solid Brass Hinges
- Removable Tray with Divider, Felt-lined Bottom, Lock & Key Set
- Includes Humidor, Humidifier, Tray, and Divider. Cigars Not Included
- Approximate Humidor Exterior Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.4 x 6.3 inches
- Hold up to 100 cigars
- Solid wood
- 2 compartments
- Tempered glass
- Price on the higher end
#2 La Cubana Cherry Wooden Cigar Humidor
This humidor box is from another leading manufacturer La Cubana which is famous for all kind of cigar related products. This is comparatively smaller humidor box and can contain up to 50 cigars.
The La Cubana humidor is comprising of wooden box with a golden metal at the top. It is capable of handling the moisture as well. Here are some of the features of the La Cubana humidor-
- Stylish and cost-effective humidor
- Can hold up to 50 cigars
- Scratch resistant
- Can work in moisture condition as well
- Cedar Wood
- Store up to 50 cigars
- Stylish & cost-effective
- Some users have reported issues with the delivery
#3 La Madera Cubana Leather Travel Cigar Humidor
This is another cigar humidor from La Cubana. La Madera Cubana Leather Travel Cigar Humidor is best for travelling as it is light, designer, and made of leather. Another great thing about this is, it looks like a laptop case and so carrying becomes very easy and convenient.
This has ignis black case with tools inside the box. When you buy this cigar humidor, you will be getting humidifier, hygrometer, syphones cutter, brass key and key lock.
The size of the humidor is 8 1/2″ (w) x 5″ (l) x 3 1/2″ (h) and you can store 6-15 cigars.
- Budget friendly
- Great for travelling
- Scratch resistant and secure seal
- Can store up to 6-12 cigars
#4 Mantello Royale Glass-Top Cigar Humidor
This is another product by Mantello cigars where you can store up to 50 cigars. It comes with a humidifier with hygrometer. It is considered as one of the best humidors for beginners.
Mantello cigar humidor is of weight 3.79 pounds and is good to keep in your home and usually not recommended for the travelling purpose. The body of this cigar humidor is made of cedar wood and is durable and can handle all kind of humidity and keep cigar safe for longer duration.
- Affordable humidor
- Secure seal
- Scratch resistant and felt-lined bottom
- Good for beginners
#5 Versailles 100 Cigar Glass Top Humidor
If you also love the traditional items then this humidor is for you. It consists of a wooden case with the glass top. It has a lock and key for the security and can store up to 100 cigars. At an affordable range, this is one of the most popular humidors.
- Classic design
- Two-storage compartments
- 1 large rectangle humidifier in Spanish cedar holder and 1 front mounted glass hygrometer with brass frame
- Hygrometer is not of great quality
#6 Prestige Import Group Humidor
This is an antique cigar humidor by Prestige import group which can hold up to 50 cigars. It has a Maple veneer with French Antique Distressed Walnut finish and ash burl parquet top. It has also got an internal locking hinges and the dimension is 15″ W x 10 1/2″ D x 7 1/2″ H. Although the price is little high compared to other affordable humidor but if you love antique items, you will love this.
- Cedar wood
- Internal locking hinge with one key
- Antique and stylish humidor
- Little costly
#7 Old Glory Cigar Humidor
It is another antique humidor which is a great fit for the Americans. It consists of Weathered American Flag Exterior, 1 Glass Hygrometer, 1 Rectangle Humidifier, Spanish Cedar Tray with Divider, Holds up to 100 Cigars and comes from Quality importers.
Here are some of the features of this humidor-
• Humidor holds up to 100 cigars
• Includes a rectangle humidifier, a glass hygrometer, and Spanish cedar tray with divider
• Sure seal technology insures proper lid seal on closure
• American flag humidor with Lock and key with tassel and scratch-resistant felt-lined bottom
• Weathered American flag exterior is perfect decor for home and office
- Beautiful design
- Large storage and can hold up to 100 cigars
- Great seals
- None as such
#8 Glass Top Handcrafted Cedar Humidor
This is a Front Digital Hygrometer, Humidifier Gel, glass display top, magnetically sealed, and Accessory Drawer which can hold up to 25-50 cigars. If you’re looking for a royal humidor with amazing design and digital display, this is for you. It maintains the humidity between 65-70%.
- Front Digital Hygrometer
- Accessory Drawer
- Magnetic sealed
- Material is normal wood not cedar wood
These were some of the best cigar humidors which you can use to keep your cigar for longer duration and safe. We have tried to list a mix of humidors for both beginners and experienced people. Now it’s turn to share your experience with humidor. Also, if you have not checked our best cigars post and top Cigar FAQ, please check.